I forgot my password

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Xbox/PC (Released 2002)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Mr007 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Man where has the time gone by? This game already seems to have turned into a classic! Released in May 2002, Morrowind seemed to fall into its own category of RPG's, by sporting a non-linear game experience that lets the player loose in a (approx) 10 square mile island.

The game begins with the player's character being set free by the emperor into a district of Morrowind (Morrowind is a country in the game's universe) called Vvardenfell. Without going into too much detail, the game does a quick character creation, in which you choose stats + bonuses, then small details of how to play as you progress through a couple of rooms. After that, you are literally set loose in 5 minutes from the time you start moving. At first, you don't really realize what you should do, but on the other hand, you realize you are free to do anything. You can (optionally) do the main quest, where you become the hero of the land and save the people from the big baddie that lives in the island's volcano. Or, you can join the local guilds that focus on a particular aspect of the gameplay (magic, combat, or stealth). You can even choose to become an assassin, or just go around and kill everyone you see. The sky is the limit in this game. If you choose to, you could just steal everyone's pillows and just make a pillow mountain in the middle of a town!

Now, this game really pushed the limits of the Xbox. The game doesn't run super-fantastic, so I would recommend to get it on PC if you can, since the requirements aren't much nowadays. The graphics are also really showings its age, but if you can get past that, then any RPG fan will certainly enjoy this game. The sound is great, and the musical score will leave you wanting to play the game every time you listen to some classical music on the radio.

Morrowind is a solid game, in which I've spent 300+ hours in total over the time I've had it. The only real downside, is that now new games have come out, it isn't as fun or new as it was when it was released, but that is just the nature of the industry. If you are into RPG's, then this will meet anyone's need to kill an afternoon.

[SIZE="4"]Score : 8/10[/SIZE]

Boxart for Xbox version.

A map of the land you're let loose on.

A temple guard, called an Ordinator. You can murder him and steal his armor if you wanted.[/CENTER]

mass text messaging
√úbersetzungsagentur

Mr007
GPS-ers
GPS-ers

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top